With the news of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest, many are looking into his financial background especially his links to late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Thames Valley Police confirmed the arrest on February 19, 2026. “As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his 60s from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in a public office and are searching addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.”
More from StyleCaster
“The man is currently in police custody,” the statement continued, adding that they would not name the arrested person.
RELATED: What Every Royal Inherited From Queen Elizabeth II After Her Death
King Charles issued a statement regarding his younger brother’s arrest, saying, “He learned with deep concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the suspicions of misconduct in public office.”
“What will happen now is a full, fair and proper process to investigate this case properly and by the appropriate authorities. As I said before, they have their full support and cooperation in this. I want to say clearly: the law must take its course,” the king said, adding that he would not comment further on his brother’s investigation, adding that we will all continue to serve the Royal.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s net worth was previously reported to be $3 million. However, the site has not reported her current net worth.
When he was stripped of his title, The Guardian He reported that his only public income was from his pension which he received from his service in the navy between 1979 and 2001, which was £20,000 a year. E! News also reported that Charles would not remove his brother from his fund. The BBC reported shortly afterwards that Andrew had been paid tens of thousands of pounds by a British businessman linked to an asset management company to rip off pension savers.
It is estimated that Andrew received £13M ($17.5M) in today’s prices in official payments for his work as a royal in the four decades leading up to his infamous 2019 BBC interview. Queen Elizabeth also gave Andrew an annual allowance of £250K ($336K), but he did not receive the money after her death.
Daily Mail He reported that Greek and Swiss firms bidding for large contracts in Kazakhstan in 2011 had to pay a broker a commission of 1%, or £3.85M ($5.1M), for helping them secure a successful deal.
While her lavish lifestyle was often questioned by the public and the media, her relationship with Jeffrey Epstein may have added some money to her bank. A convicted sex offender gave Sarah Ferguson £15K ($20K) to pay off some of her debts.
Just before his arrest, royal author Robert Hardman said The Daily Telegraph Tensions between King Charles and his brother have left Andrew in “poverty exile”.
“There was a time when I think people expected, when Charles came to the throne, that he was going to be very hard on Andrew, that he was going to kick him out of the house,” he said. “Charles was certainly very charitable for the first two years but very pig-headed Andrew was about to move out of that house … then it turned out he hadn’t been telling the truth about his relationship with Epstein, causing irreparable damage”.
“Until the summer, Andrew’s attitude was, ‘I’ve rented a house, I’ll live there and pursue private business activities and pay my own way’,” the author observed. “Now it turns out that he wasn’t strictly truthful about Epstein so the king has taken all his titles, all his business deals are ruined, the guy has no money, he can’t keep the house standing.
While it is not publicly known what Prince Andrew will leave to his daughters, Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice, they will not inherit his prestigious Royal Lodge following his ouster.
“[This] That would only be possible if the lease remained intact,” said property expert Elliot Castle. “Once that lease is surrendered or terminated, there’s nothing to pass on. From a property standpoint, that closes the door completely. The Royal Lodge would revert to the Crown Estate in its entirety, with no residual claim to Andrew or his daughters.
A source told RadarOnline: “Neither princess needs the Royal Lodge for housing, but losing the $40 million fortune will change the shape of their future,” adding, “They feel they’re paying the price for a decision they didn’t make. The anger is real, and it’s clearly directed at how their father’s scandal is narrowing their options.”
Best of StyleCaster
Sign up for StyleCaster’s newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
LONDON (AP) — He was reportedly a favorite of his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, but…
Benzinga and Yahoo Finance LLC may earn commissions or revenue on certain items through the…
There is a "shared commitment" to bring the Chicago Bears to Indiana.Indiana lawmakers announced Feb.…
Ukrainian soldiers are cutting the wires of any fiber optic drones they find.Some carry scissors…
David Chong quit his $192,000-a-year Microsoft job last year to build an AI startup.Weeks later,…
By Aditya Soni, Munsif Vengattil and Aditya Kalra NEW DELHI, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Bill…