NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Metis, a leading provider of data science and analytics training and part of global education services provider Kaplan, has partnered with Florida International University, the public research university in Miami, to launch the FIU Data Science Bootcamp, a 24-week online immersive program starting in October.
Created and designed by leading industry data scientists at Metis, the FIU Data Science Bootcamp features a project-based curriculum to help students build a portfolio of real-world work that can make them uniquely prepared for jobs in the fast-growing field of data science. The following six 4-week courses make up the duration of the launch sample:
- Python and Math Basics: In this introductory course, learn fundamental Python programming skills and critical mathematical essentials for data science. In addition to coding basics, the course covers linear algebra, calculus, probability, and statistics.
- Exploratory data analysis: Learn how to use tools like SQL and advanced Python libraries while studying the basics of exploratory data analysis.
- Business Basics for Data Practitioners: Learn the skills needed to make meaningful data insights, which in turn can help students make better business decisions.
- Linear regression and data acquisition: Learn how to get data, plus the basics of linear regressions, cross-validation, feature engineering, and more.
- Classification of machine learning: Explore several classification methods, from common algorithms to advanced models used by many companies today, and learn how to apply them to a practical use case.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Unsupervised Learning: Study dimensionality reduction, clustering, and recommender systems to build a knowledge base in NLP and unsupervised learning.
“This partnership demonstrates FIU’s continued commitment to equipping our students with the skills and knowledge necessary to take full advantage of lucrative career opportunities in any industry,” said Dr. Elizabeth M. Béjar, interim professor, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Florida International University.
“We couldn’t be more excited to partner with Florida International University to create this data science boot camp that will help students achieve and stay one step ahead in a competitive workforce,” said Roberto Reif, executive director and head of Metis. “From personalized career support that extends beyond the completion of the data science bootcamp to individual career guidance to job search tutorials that teach students how to build an impressive resume, the program offers them all the resources they need to help achieve them. career goals.”
Students interested in enrolling in the October bootcamp, which involves a rigorous admissions process, should complete their application here by the October 3 deadline. Students interested in enrolling in one of the six 4-week courses individually can do so, without an admissions process. And for journalists interested in covering this partnership and the growing sector of Kaplan’s portfolio, contact Russell Schaffer at [email protected] or 917.822.8190.
About Florida International University
Florida International University is a top public university that drives true talent and innovation in Miami and globally. High research activity (R1) and high social mobility come together at FIU to raise and accelerate student success in a global city focusing on the areas of environment, health, innovation and justice. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers. FIU serves a diverse student body of more than 58,000 and 270,000 Panther alumni. US News and World Report ranks dozens of FIU’s programs among the best in the nation, including international business at No. 2. Washington Monthly ranks FIU among the top 20 public universities that contribute to the public good.
The mission of Kaplan’s Metis business is to educate people to find value in data. Metis accelerates data science and analytics learning for individuals, companies and institutions through online education, corporate training and comprehensive bootcamps. This includes upskilling and reskilling employees of global organizations, enabling them to find value in data. Kaplan, Inc. is a leading global provider of education and career services for individuals, schools and businesses.
Note to editors: Kaplan is a subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC)