More than 10 million South Africans travel to the country each year. However, these numbers are declining as people feel the pinch of the economic crisis and a post-pandemic landscape that hasn’t exactly been conducive to tourism success. But the South African tourism industry has the power to ignite a passion for travel by offering South Africans affordable, accessible and amazing travel deals.
Enter Sho’t Left travel week, an opportunity for the South African tourism industry to revitalize our tourism sector with exclusive and unrivaled travel deals. Running from 5 to 11 September 2022, this huge South African sale organized by Sho’t Left is open to any member of the tourism industry to upload their offers of up to 50% off.
Business Relations Manager for South Africa at Tourism South Africa, Melanie Leloup says, “Travel Week is a powerful incentive especially for first-time travelers looking to dip their toes into new and exciting destinations and adventures .”
Travel Week aims to maximize value and return on investment for all participating members. The initiative is supported by a significant investment from Tourism South Africa. The result is a powerful platform with a strategically targeted multi-channel marketing plan to optimize exposure and generate excitement around the best local deals.
Leloup offers some tips for South Africa’s tourism trade on how to maximize this year’s travel week extravaganza.
WHO CAN REGISTER?
Entries are open to all trade members. Tourism South Africa is encouraging everyone from accommodation, airlines, car hire and transfer companies to museums, activities and experiential businesses to register their offerings for this year’s Travel Week.
WHAT IS THE COST FOR REGISTRATION?
Registration is absolutely free.
HOW MANY BIDS CAN YOU REGISTER?
Participants can register as many offers as they want. They can also add, edit or remove offers at any time after registration, as long as the offers are finalized by DATE.
HOW SHOULD AN AGREEMENT BE MADE?
Photos: Members can upload up to seven images to a carousel per deal. Images must be 890×600 and we recommend that members use all seven images. The main image should not contain logos or text. Video is also supported.
Written content: You will need the following written content:
– A title of 12 words or less. Hot tip: Include discount details in your headline, as well as the number of people and number of nights. Be as specific as possible so the audience knows exactly what the special entails.
– A 200 word summary detailing the key selling points of the deal.
– A description of up to 1000 words. This section should include details of the deal as well as other selling points, attractions, free offers and features.
– GPS coordinates and specific location for use in Waze and Sho’t Left map.
– Content may be modified before DATE.
WHAT SHOULD WE DO AFTER THE BIDS ARE LOADED?
– Notify your audience about offers and encourage them to use the Waze or Sho’t Left map to access the best deals.
– Get admin help anytime by emailing [email protected].
– Members of the public can access deals through Waze, the Sho’t Left map, or by using price, location, budget and type filters on the Sho’t Left website.
– Billboards and outdoor media will alert the public to more offers.
Leloup believes this is the opportunity tourism businesses need to reignite a passion for travel in these challenging times. “We just need the whole industry to participate and we can really start the heart of the trade and the place we love so much.”
Visit https://deals.southafrica.net and register today for Travel Week 2022.
This post was sponsored and provided by Tourism South Africa.