Sharing is careful!
These Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings are perfectly spicy, crispy and easy to make. Once you make chicken wings at Ninja Foodi, you’ll never go back!
Ninja Foodi’s Dry Rub Chicken Wings are perfect for your next game, movie, or party night. And, of course, they’re delicious any night of the week.
Bursting with flavor and perfectly crispy, these Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Chicken Wings taste even better than grilled.
Chicken wings are so versatile too! The sweet and spicy dry rub used in this recipe is so delicious, but the possibilities are endless.
Check out our parmesan, lemon pepper, grill or buffalo recipes for more inspiration. There is something for everyone!
Here’s what I’ll teach you in this post:
- Everything you need to make the best chicken wings at Ninja Foodi.
- Instructions for making delicious Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Chicken Wings.
- Expert Tips for Getting Ninja Foodi Dry Rub Chicken Wings Crispy.
You won’t believe how quick and easy these Ninja Foodi wings are to make. Gather your spices, whip out that fritter, and let’s do this!
I used Ninja Foodi 8QT Pressure Cooker and Air Fryer for this recipe. I find this to be a great size for my family of four!
How to Make Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
FIRST STEP: Unpack, pat dry and trim the chicken wings. Use a knife to separate the drum from the flat part of the wing. Sprinkle your sliced wings with baking powder and set aside.
STEP TWO: Use a small bowl to combine the brown sugar, salt, pepper and the rest of the spices, stirring to combine.
THREE STEP: Coat the wings with the spice mixture, rubbing gently to coat each piece evenly. Once seasoned, refrigerate chicken for 20-30 minutes or overnight.
STEP FOUR: Pour half a cup of water into the Ninja Foodi’s gray inner bowl before adding the black air fryer basket. Place the chicken wings in the bottom of the basket.
STEP FIVE: Select the SteamCrisp, Steam and Crisp setting on the Ninja Foodi and set the temperature to 390 degrees F.
STEP SIX: A single layer of wings should be cooked for 15 minutes and turned halfway through. If you make two batches, your second batch will take less time. The wings should reach an internal temperature of 175 degrees F.
STEP SEVEN: Remove the wings from the fryer, serve and enjoy!
Tips for getting the best Crispy Ninja Foodi wings
- Having the wings in a single layer, not overlapping, will allow for better air circulation and crispy wings. More surface area means crispy chicken skin.
- The secret ingredient in this recipe is baking powder. Make sure you use baking powder, not baking soda, and check that it’s not aluminum.
- If you don’t have baking powder on hand, you can opt for a light coating of a 50/50 mixture of cornstarch and flour.
- A preheated and properly calibrated air fryer is essential. High heat equals the best Ninja Foodi Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings.
Can you stack wings in an air choker?
I wouldn’t recommend it! Air beaters work by quickly moving air over and around the food. Overcrowding your basket can lead to uneven cooking results and less-than-crispy results.
If you must stock them, be sure to turn the Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings frequently to achieve the best consistency.
How do you get a dry rub to stick to chicken wings?
Remove as much moisture as possible by patting each wing dry with paper towels. Spray the wings with a little oil to help your seasoning stick, then rub your seasoning generously onto the surface.
Ninja Foodi Chicken Wing Dipping Sauce Ideas
Check out these dipping sauces for added flavor:
How to cook frozen chicken wings in Food Ninja
If necessary, you can of course use frozen chicken wings. In the most basic terms, you’ll want to set your Ninja Foodi temperature to 400 degrees F, cook a single layer of wings for 15 minutes, then flip, season, and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
For more detailed instructions, check out this post: Frozen Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
How to Reheat Leftover Chicken Wings in Food Ninja
This is super easy and the best way to enjoy leftover wings. All you need to do is cook the remaining wings for 2-3 minutes in a 350 degree F air pan, adding a little more time as needed.
Check out this link for more details: How to Reheat Wings in the Air Blower
Other Chicken Wing Recipes You’ll Like:
2 pounds (about 8 whole wings), fresh chicken wings
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (don’t use if you don’t want spicy)
½ cup of water
- Unwrap the chicken wings. Dry and trim them.
- With a knife, separate the drum from the housing.
- Sprinkle baking powder over the sliced chicken. Leave it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, ground black pepper, dry mustard, and cayenne pepper. Mix until everything is combined.
- Sprinkle spice mixture/rub evenly on wings. Gently rub the spices to coat each piece.
- Once all the chicken is seasoned, place it back in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or overnight.
- In the Ninja Foodie, pour ½ cup of water into the inner bowl (grey bowl).
- Place the air fryer basket (or fresh basket)/black one, place the chicken wings in the bottom of the basket.
- Place Ninja Foodie on SteamCrisp, Steam & Crisp, set temperature to 390 degrees F for 15 minutes. Flip them halfway through cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to reheat chicken wings:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat the chicken wings for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Amount per service:
Calories: 380Total Fat: 28 gSaturated fat: 10 gTrans fats: 0 gUnsaturated fat: 15 gCholesterol: 93 mgSodium: 833 mgCarbohydrates: 13 gFiber: 1 gSugar: 2 gProtein: 19 g
This nutritional information is based on the exact products I used in this recipe. Brands and sizes of products can change the exact nutrition and should always be calculated independently.
Sharing is careful!